- June 2018 "Counselling really helped me." (16 year old) Notes : Talking things through helped. Less worried, calmer.
- June 2018 "Our daughter seems to have improved greatly, beyond what we could have wished for (Parent of teenager with severe anxiety/panic attacks) Note: More relaxed, confident and panic attacks seem to have reduced immensely.
- June 2017 "Was well helpful, has helped me massively and I just feel 110% again." (Teenager)
- June 2017 Sophie has always been punctual and very welcoming. She has also been accessible to me over the phone whenever necessary. I feel we have been provided with a very effective and professional service which we would be confident to return to again if we felt it was warrented. My child seems much less agitated and calmer. He seems able to process disappointments better and does not get so accutely upset. Thank you Sophie. (Parent of teenager with anxiety and suicidal thoughts)
- Dec 2016 I found my sessions extremely beneficial to my mental wellbeing. I feel like the fog has lifted and I can deal with life's ups and downs. I also finally feel like I have come to terms with past experiences. Thank you Sophie.
- June 2015 "I must admit that when I made my first appointment for counselling with Sophie I wasn't too sure of what to expect, I had a preconceived idea that she would come up with a magic formula that would change the way I was feeling and all would be back to normal. At my initial meeting I was soon put at ease and was able to fully open up about my reasons and feelings for being there. The first thing that struck me was the listening skills that Sophie applied, I think I had expected a full 2 way conversation, but I quickly realised that it was down to me to talk through all my issues and Sophie would pick up on any specifics which she would then focus my attentions on to discuss in more detail."
- "I had 6 sessions and I really feel that they had a huge impact on how I now approach things and have helped in saving my marriage from divorce. I now think about an answer or a statement before saying it. My counselling helped me restore some self confidence that had gone missing and put some pride back into myself.
- "Nothing is perfect, but I truly believe that the counselling sessions really helped me and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Sophie to anyone who may be thinking that this might be the avenue for them to take".
- "I found counselling has helped me be able to cope with problems in my life as I don’t have things from the past blurring my mind".
- "My counselling sessions have really surprised me. They have helped me to see things differently and work things out a bit better and also just talking has helped me a great deal. It would be hard to improve the service as I feel everything has gone really well".
- Child A Start of therapy Extremely withdrawn, very low self esteem, high vulnerability, friendship difficulties. End of short term play therapy Increased self esteem, positive attitude, smiling, happy with friends, increased academic scores. Parents and school noted a large positive change
- Child B Start of therapy Very low self esteem, difficulty managing emotions, restless, extreme mood swings, dangerous attention seeking behaviour
End of long term play therapy Dangerous behaviour stopped, increased self esteem and self respect, more settled, focused, increased academic scores
- Child C Start of therapy
Very low self esteem, struggled managing emotions, difficulty making friends, aggressive behaviour
End of long term child counselling/play therapy
Increased self esteem, increased social confidence, confidence to try new things, increased academic performance
- "Sophie was easy to talk to and fit me in at short notice".
- " I have found my sessions most helpful as they have helped me deal and come to terms with a lot of issues that I have previously been unable to overcome. Sophie has always been very nice and helpful, understanding and always makes sure I understand".
You can not forgive someone until you have fully felt the pain he or she has caused you
- February 2015 "Having worked closely with Sophie in a school based counselling service I would highly recommend her as a therapist of children, adults and groups. She has a confident and caring approach to her clients and a sound grasp of the person centred model". James Emmett.
- January 2015 "Sophie is a patient listener, who is attentive to the needs of others and has a perennially positive attitude both generally and in her approach to any challenge she embarks upon. Sophie has a strong moral compass that guides her own, but never others decisions. She has the perfect disposition for counselling". Louisa Anderson